What is a “Functional Upgrading Program – Gym Based Exercise Program”?
Analyse Health’s Functional Upgrading Program is an extensive gym based program built for both Workers’ Compensation related injuries and Non-Workers’ Compensation related injuries. The program is aimed to increase the worker’s ability to complete work duties and achieve return to pre injury duties. It also aims to educate the worker and improve a worker’s general health and wellbeing through regular functional based exercises. This education leads to a self-management plan and independence of the worker over the end result of their rehabilitation process. The self-education and ongoing self-management is the core value of Analyse Health’s Functional Upgrading Programs – Gym Based Exercise Program that allows sustainable Return To Work (RTW) outcomes and reduced financial costs of injury rehabilitation.
The programs and their initial assessment are to confirm appropriateness of the worker to complete the program, as managed by one of our professionally qualified and experienced Physiotherapists.
Yes! If following a Functional Capacity Test, the recommendations for progression of the injured worker are indicated using a Functional Upgrading Program or other gym based strengthening program. Then we can commence a Functional Upgrading Program without an initial assessment. We would just need to have an Allied Health Recovery Request completed and approved by the Insurer to commence the program, using the information from the completed Functional Capacity Test. The Functional Capacity Test would need to be completed within four (4) weeks of the Functional Upgrading Program, otherwise an initial Functional Upgrading Program Assessment would still need to be completed.
Our Functional Upgrading Program – Gym Based Exercise Program includes:
- An initial assessment with subsequent reports and an Allied Health Recovery Request for review prior to commencement of further programs
- A one to two-page update report every three sessions to confirm progress of the worker through the program
- Closure report outlining achieved functional capacity and status of return to work ability
- Worker at the completion of the program to be left with a self-management program for self-completion to continue to manage the injury independently
- Functional Upgrading Program for all types of incurred injuries
- Completed by a professionally qualified and experienced Physiotherapist
Benefits of a Functional Upgrading Program – Gym Based Exercise Program include:
- Treatment is active based and relies on the injured worker’s active participation in the treatment, making them responsible for the outcome achieved in their recovery
- Educating the injured party about their injury, the effects of exercise and functional movements on managing their injury, and the move to self-management of the injury by the injured worker. Thus reducing reliance on and the cost of an external treatment provider
- Improved general health and wellbeing, not just the injury. A Functional Upgrading Program will also include general exercise to assist weight management and increase energy levels. Thereby improving overall wellbeing of the injured worker
- Analyse Health is able to complete a medical case conference with all relevant stakeholder’s during the program to seek upgrades to certified capacity as demonstrated during the program by the worker
- All compensable expenses are paid for by the Workers’ Compensation Insurer, not the employer
- Using a Workplace Rehabilitation Provider for Functional Capacity Testing of injured employees who are under a Workers’ Compensation claim can result in a discount to the employer’s Worker’s Compensation premium. Conditions apply and the discount is calculated at the Insurer’s discretion. Signing up with Analyse Health as an employer’s Preferred Workplace Rehabilitation Provider for Workers’ Compensation claims is fee free
Potential negative effects of not using a Functional Upgrading Program – Gym Based Exercise Program include:
- Delaying recovery of the injured worker
- Delaying return to work on suitable or pre injury duties
- By delaying recovery and return to work, there are increased costs to the claim and or business which may result in an increase to the business’ workers’ compensation premium
- Possible completion of incorrect treatment options or over servicing the injured worker in a field of treatment that is no longer relevant to the SMART rehabilitation plan.
- Analyse Health assessments are fast, reliable, cost effective and available to be completed on site or externally depending on the requirements of the worker or your business’ preferred method
- Analyse Health’s initial Functional Upgrading Program Assessment – Gym Based Exercise Program includes a clear and concise report provided within four (4) business days of assessment, along with an Allied Health Recovery Request where appropriate to commence a customised program with the worker
- Analyse Health’s focus within the Functional Upgrading Program – Gym Based Exercise Program is not only to achieve maximal functional capacity to allow return to pre injury duties, but also sustainability of the achieved capacity through provision of an ongoing self-management program that each worker is given and educated about throughout the completion of the program.
Analyse Health’s Functional Upgrading Programs when conducted under a compensable WorkCover NSW Workers’ Compensation claim, are fee free for the Employer as all Analyse Health service costs are billed to the insurance company. If you wish for Analyse Health to conduct non-compensable rehabilitation services with your company, then cost of services will be provided to you for your review prior to commencement of the desired service.
Please note that for compensable services (related to a WorkCover claim), travel will be charged from our base in Mount Annan, NSW at an hourly rate, or at a rate negotiated between Analyse Health and the Customer pending their location and service needs. (Pending service type and legislative requirements as per each state and national legislation).
For non-compensable services (not related to a WorkCover claim), travel will not be charged for services conducted within a 25km radius of Mount Annan, NSW or when five or more services are conducted at one location. In the event of services being conducted outside the 25km radius of Mount Annan, NSW, travel charges will be negotiated before the service is conducted.
Analyse Health is a Macarthur based business that focuses on servicing areas such as Camden, Campbelltown, Narellan, Mount Annan, Oran Park, Smeaton Grange, Picton, Leumeah, Minto, Ingleburn and all surrounding areas of the Macarthur region. We understand our local community!
We also service daily Sydney metro areas including Penrith, Liverpool, Castle Hill, Parramatta, North Sydney and its suburbs. Our services are provided around NSW within the WorkCover NSW jurisdictions.
Analyse Health travel to you or locations that suit our clients the most. When we are all about workplace health and safety, the best place for us to provide our services is in your workplace.
This is at the discretion of the Insurer but all compensable expenses are paid for by the Workers’ Compensation Insurer and not the employer.
If you wish for Analyse Health to conduct non-compensable Functional Upgrading Program – Gym Based Exercise Programs with your company, then cost of services will be provided to you for your review prior to commencement of the desired service.