What is “Same Employer Return To Work Case Management”?
Same Employer Return To Work Case Management is an extensive service provided by Analyse Health that entails the all-inclusive management of injured workers through a Return To Work (RTW) process by setting a SMART (Specific Measurable Attainable Relevant and Time-Bound) Return To Work (RTW) goal with a focus of returning to pre injury duties with the same employer as at the time of becoming injured. This is part of the Workers’ Compensation Scheme.
This service can be commenced from the moment a worker is injured in the workplace, right through until the worker has returned to pre injury duties and includes liaising between the injured worker, employer, insurer, doctor and other allied health providers.
Analyse Health’s professionally qualified and experienced allied health providers can assist you and your injured worker to ensure that all parties understand the WorkCover process and focus on completing appropriate rehabilitation interventions to achieve the set goal in an appropriate timeframe for the injury type that occurred.
Same Employer Return To Work Case Management can also be referred to as forms of Workers’ Compensation Case Management, Occupational Rehabilitation, Occupational Therapy, Workplace Rehabilitation, Employment Rehabilitation, Rehabilitation Services and Workplace Rehabilitation Providers.
Our Same Employer Return To Work Case Management Service includes:
- Initial assessment of the injured worker
- A report including a pre injury role description, list of available suitable duties that the injured worker is capable of completing while recovering from the injury with the same employer, and a proposed Return To Work (RTW) Plan for further implementation and achievement of a sustainable SMART Return To Work goal
- A suitable duties plan to return to pre injury duties with timeframes mapped out in working weeks
- Attendance in person at medical case conferences
- Attendance in person at workplace meetings
- Liaison with all parties fortnightly
- Monthly update reports
- Closure reports
- Thirteen (13) week Return To Work sustainability monitoring.
Benefits of using a Same Employer Return To Work Case Management Service include:
- Research has shown that using Return To Work Case Management decreases injured workers’ recovery time and has better outcomes of returning to work sooner
- All compensable expenses are paid for by the Workers’ Compensation Insurer, not the employer
- Using a Workplace Rehabilitation Provider for your Return To Work Case Management of injured employees who are under a Workers’ Compensation claim can result in a discount to the employer’s Workers’ Compensation premium. Conditions apply and the discount is calculated at the Insurer’s discretion. Signing up with Analyse Health as an employer’s Preferred Workplace Rehabilitation Provider for Workers’ Compensation claims is fee free
- Third party management to prevent employer and employee relationship breakdown
- Completion of all required paperwork and obligations of all parties identified and assisted completion to avoid fines from WorkCover NSW
- Co-ordinated management of the entire Return To Work (RTW) process
- Regular updates regarding all interactions with treating parties
- Accurate certification and clear explanation at the work site of the certification into completion of suitable duties
- Suitable duty plans continuously updated and signed by all parties to ensure compliance with the rehabilitation process.
Potential negative effects of not using a Same Employer Return To Work Case Management Service can include:
- Delaying recovery of the injured worker
- Delaying Return To Work on suitable or pre injury duties
- By delaying recovery and return to work, there are increased costs to the claim and or business which may result in an increase to the business’ workers’ compensation premium
- No distribution of information between all stakeholders
- Miscommunication of medical information relating to completion of suitable duties
- Incorrect certification of worker on WorkCover Certificate of Capacity
- Time consuming for the employer
- Employer and employee relationship breakdown.
- Analyse Health assessments and management services are fast, reliable, cost effective and are available to be completed on site or externally depending on the requirements of the worker or your business’ preferred method
- Analyse Health’s Same Employer Return to Work Case Management Service includes a clear and concise report provided within four (4) business days of assessment
- Analyse Health can complete both the initial assessment and medical case conference within five (5) business days of receiving a referral (pending all parties’ availability for case conference)
- Analyse Health is focused on the sustainable return to work of your injured employee and will cover all aspects of the rehabilitation process to ensure the return to work is sustainable and in a timely manner for all stakeholders.
Analyse Health’s Same Employer Return To Work Services when conducted under a compensable WorkCover NSW Workers’ Compensation claim, are fee free for the Employer as all Analyse Health service costs are billed to the insurance company. If you wish for Analyse Health to conduct non-compensable rehabilitation services with your company, then cost of services will be provided to you for your review prior to commencement of the desired service.
Please note that for compensable services (related to a WorkCover claim), travel will be charged from our base in Mount Annan, NSW at an hourly rate, or at a rate negotiated between Analyse Health and the Customer pending their location and service needs. (Pending service type and legislative requirements as per each state and national legislation).
If you would like to make Analyse Health your Preferred Provider, you can contact us on (02) 4600 5840 or complete our Preferred Provider Form and email it to us at email@example.com or fax it to (02) 4744 2637. Upon receipt of your form, a confirmation email will be sent to you to confirm your registration with Analyse Health before any further steps are taken, followed by one of our consultants getting in contact with you to discuss the final details.
For you the Employer, this service when conducted under a compensable WorkCover claim, is fee free as all Analyse Health service costs are billed to your insurance company. If you wish for Analyse Health to conduct non-compensable rehabilitation services with your company, then cost of services will be provided to you for your review prior to commencement of the desired service.
Analyse Health is a Macarthur based business that focuses on servicing areas such as Camden, Campbelltown, Narellan, Mount Annan, Oran Park, Smeaton Grange, Picton, Leumeah, Minto, Ingleburn and all surrounding areas of the Macarthur region. We understand our local community!
We also service daily Sydney metro areas including Penrith, Liverpool, Castle Hill, Parramatta, North Sydney and its suburbs. Our services are provided around NSW within the WorkCover NSW jurisdictions.
Analyse Health travel to you or locations that suit our clients the most. When we are all about workplace health and safety, the best place for us to provide our services is in your workplace.