What are “Activities of Daily Living Assessments”?
Analyse Health’s Activities of Daily Living Assessments are an extensive analysis of an injured worker’s capacity to complete at home and outside work daily activities while they are recovering from injury that occurred in the workplace and implementing safety measures to prevent further or re-injury while outside of the worksite. Significant injuries that require surgery or extended rehabilitation requirements generally mean reduced ability of the worker to look after personal and home needs during their recovery.
It occurs many times that the pressure of needing to do a home based daily activity that can no longer be put off is what causes the re-aggravation to an injury, and sets the recovery process back to the beginning. Analyse Health’s intervention here and identification of simple equipment or a short term based external service provided to come in and assist completion of these daily tasks can mean the worker focuses on their recovery and avoids those risky situations that lead to re-injury.
Our Activities of Daily Living Assessments can include the below items pending the individual requirements:
- Home based assessment
- Report outlining recommendations provided within two (2) business days of assessment
- Equipment and services sourced by Analyse Health
- Visit to worker’s home to train worker in use of provided equipment if required
Benefits of using Activities of Daily Living Assessments include:
- Improved recovery time of your worker
- Limiting the risk of further injury or re-aggravation of current injury
- Improved psychology of the worker as their home environment is not suffering from their incapacity to complete simple daily tasks.
Potential negative effects of not using an Activities of Daily Living Assessment can include:
- Delayed recovery time
- Potential breakdown of surgical repairs from completing home task that is outside of post op recommendations, leading to revision of entire surgery to re-repair injury resulting in a longer recovery time
- Potential increased financial costs to business through WorkCover insurance premium hikes, additional recruitment costs to cover injured employees, reduced productivity during employee absenteeism.
- Analyse Health assessments are fast, reliable, cost effective and available to be completed within two business days pending the worker’s availability
- Analyse Health is able to manage the expectations of the assessment and the worker to ensure that services / equipment provisions are appropriate and cost effective.
Analyse Health’s Activities of Daily Living Assessment when conducted under a compensable WorkCover NSW Workers’ Compensation claim, are fee free for the Employer as all Analyse Health service costs are billed to the insurance company. If you wish for Analyse Health to conduct non-compensable rehabilitation services with your company, then cost of services will be provided to you for your review prior to commencement of the desired service.
Please note that for compensable services (related to a WorkCover claim), travel will be charged from our base in Mount Annan, NSW at an hourly rate, or at a rate negotiated between Analyse Health and the Customer pending their location and service needs. (Pending service type and legislative requirements as per each state and national legislation).
For non-compensable services (not related to a WorkCover claim), travel will not be charged for services conducted within a 25km radius of Mount Annan, NSW or when five or more services are conducted at one location. In the event of services being conducted outside the 25km radius of Mount Annan, NSW, travel charges will be negotiated before the service is conducted.
Analyse Health is a Macarthur based business that focuses on servicing areas such as Camden, Campbelltown, Narellan, Mount Annan, Oran Park, Smeaton Grange, Picton, Leumeah, Minto, Ingleburn and all surrounding areas of the Macarthur region. We understand our local community!
We also service daily Sydney metro areas including Penrith, Liverpool, Castle Hill, Parramatta, North Sydney and its suburbs. Our services are provided around NSW within the WorkCover NSW jurisdictions.
Analyse Health travel to you or locations that suit our clients the most. When we are all about workplace health and safety, the best place for us to provide our services is in your workplace.